Sunday, September 18, 2005

This was my week that was!

Well My week started really bad. Last Saturday lunchtime My beloved Plymouth Argyle, live on television, put up the worst performance I have ever seen and lost! Not only did they lose, they got themselves into the record books as the 1st Argyle side not to score in 5 games!

I watched "The Last Night Of the Proms" on Saturday night and was appalled at the lack of English Pride. In the Albert Hall itself there were more and more International flags as seems to be coming the norm nowadays, but then on the outside links to the "Party in the Park" at various locations across the UK, the other home nations were proudly displaying their National Flag, not a Union Flag in sight, they were either Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish and what did the English parade, The George Cross, oh no, they waved the Union Flag. What the F**k!


The English Cricket Teams did a double over their Aussie counterparts, not only did the Ladies defeat the Aussies last month, but the Men played out a draw in the 5th and final test to take the series 2-1 and both teams reclaimed the Ashes.
Well done to you all for restoring some English sporting pride, after the dismal performances of the England football team (mentioned briefly in a prior post!



This one is for my wife!

4 comments:

Chickie said...

Unfortunately, I don't know what the heck some of the things are that you're talking about.

I do hope you're day gets better though!

Julie said...

What one is for me??

Julie said...

Ahh, the smiley face! Smoochies!

krip said...

Why the dead language on our flag? Maybe a good slice of Anglo Saxon would be more fitting ;)
Nice blog.