Thursday, September 08, 2005

The Pride and Passion

The Pride and Passion were there last night for all to see, as England's last away fixture in this qualifying group got under way.....The Anthem was sang with such gusto and from the off it was obvious that the team were up for it.

Not one 50/50 tackle was lost, they never let the opposition have any time on the ball and hustled and bustled them into making mistake after mistake, until finally after about 35 mins, the opposition heads went down and the rest is history.

I wish I was writing this about the English performance, but alas, this post gives full praise to the Northern Irish.
Their determination and team spirit won them this game and I will not say anything to take it away from them!

I do however have one last statement which became very clear to me last night as I lay in bed contemplating this defeat.......Northern Ireland play in Green!







Eureka!!!
That's it....all the prima donnas of English football want to play for Plymouth Argyle, no wonder they kept passing the ball to them!






On that performance though ladies, I can tell you now, stay where you are, we fight and wear our shirts with Pride, something the England team hasn't done for a while now. You wouldn't even make the Great Britfuck team on that evidence.

Well done Northern Ireland!

3 comments:

Julie said...

The Great Britfuck team, eh? Wow, I knew you were against the idea of a British team, but I didn't know how much. Sorry England sucked last night--they were just trying to hook up NI so they would stand a chance in hell. Their loss was planned, they just wanted to be generous. :)

Jen said...

I don't understand anything at all that you said here.

See, I'm even more ignorant than Julie. Whatever she is, I'm more and better...

Seriously, I don't get this, but I wanted to say hello!

carpediemtomorrow said...

you'll not be the last...I don't even read it anymore!