Saturday, September 03, 2005

Three Lions?

Not quite the Performance we were looking for, but a win is a win even if it was just the Welsh and soon perhaps the all the Lions will come together and savage the opposition.
We seem to 2 lions short of a team at the moment.







Why is it that during every game I can never sit back and enjoy the game, every time the opposition attacks, I think to myself, here we go, 1 nil!



To me there still is too much, "Well I am wearing the shirt, that's it"
Well I am here to tell you that IT'S NOT!!!
Where's the pride, where's the conviction, where's the honour, wear the shirt and be proud, you wear that shirt for 40 million English people who kick every ball, header every cross and jump in at every tackle, and as for the friendly, what is a friendly, a chance for a nation with a very poor record against to stick one to us, build their confidence and esteem as another national outfit which has defeated the Great English Football Team.

No more chopping and changing, get it right and perform, play to our strengths, not the way the foreigners play, my god, we are European Champions and boast some of the best teams in the World!

1 comment:

Gareth said...

I really think a proper English national anthem would help, rather than singing God Save the Queen.

I don't have anything against God Save the Queen, it's just that it's the British anthem and it doesn't inspire the necessary pride. I'd like to see our players belting out Jerusalem with the passion that the Welsh and Scots sing 'Our Fathers' and 'Flower of Scotland'.