Monday, August 01, 2005

An Englishman in DC (well nearly)


It's Me, back and posting. Well when I say "Back", I mean on the computer and not in good ole Blighty.

At this moment I am sat in a very nice hotel in a little place called Silver Springs, Maryland, and not pronounced Mary Land!!!

We have been to Iowa, Washington DC, Pennsylvania and now here. My luggage has been even further than Me and took a week's vacation to a few other ports of call without me, finally turning up a week later. This raises a few security issues and luggage traveling without passengers, but that's another post when I am awake.

I am now finally acclimatized to the humidity and am managing to sweat less, but what I gain in dry, sweatless shirts is soon made up for in lovely spilt coffee, chocolate and food stains on my clothes, some one send me a bib!

The extent of my site seeing in this town so far has been to see the shops en route to Starbucks, where as a regular customer, I am getting free and discounted Grande, triple shot Lattes or "The usual!" and the highways to and from Wal-mart. Thanks Honey!!! No seriously, I am not one for site seeing anyway and as we live in a White House, seen one, seen them all.

Anyone living close by, let us now and I'll get the coffee in.



9 comments:

Wicked H said...

Enjoy your stay!!

carpediemtomorrow said...

Thank you, I know I will. Now we have found a Safeway, Wal-mart, Starbucks and best of all, a liquor store next door

Jen said...

Welcome to the US, where we ALL spill food on our clothes and sweat profusely. Hope all goes well tomorrow... Hugs!

carpediemtomorrow said...

Thanks Jen, I am sure it will. The little lady has just woken.

Julie said...

Waving back from 200 miles.......she's in the or and am sat here waiting patiently for news.
Thanks for thinking of her

Anonymous said...

arggh....I will sign in as me now!!! thanks for thinking of her

Chickie said...

This part of your profile really struck a chord with me "married an American, a country I never wanted to go to, but if 3000 miles couldn't seperate us, then she's the 1!".

When I met my husband I lived in Texas and he was in Florida. A place that I had no desire at all to ever even visit. And now, here I sit in sunny, overpopulated, tourist trappy, Florida. Love will get you like that!

Anonymous said...

One of these days I will post about how we met!

Renee Nefe said...

Totally confused by the post times as to what time it might be when you posted...maybe that's Brit time? Who knows?

Jen's got the whole homeschooling group praying for Julie. And we're a lot of all kinds of prayers, should have all the bases covered. ;o)

Enjoy the coffee!